Of course, I wasn't always a Franciscan. In fact, I used to be a Raging-Feminist-I-Hate-The-Evil-Bad-Patriarchal-Church gal. If you're interested, you can read how I came to be a happy Catholic.
I'm devoted to Joseph and Mary and love dandelions, nail polish, sushi, comics, rock/metal (especially Black Sabbath, Metallica, and Shinedown), and naps** with the cats. I've been a Wonder Woman fan since I was a kid, but am not following anything from the 52 reboot on (2011-present) for her character; I explain why here, and then here. I also explain why I don't like her post-52 look here. (Not overly thrilled with the David Finch take on it, either.)
Things you'll find here: Franciscany fun, cats, random geekitude, Joseph, silly stuff I stumble 'pon ... pretty much whatever enters my noggin'. Just your Typical Bloggage, with a Franciscan flavor. ("Now with 25% more Tau!")
If you'd like more details about 1) what I'm doing here and around the web, and 2) whether or not you'd want to follow me, here are my online rules o' engagement.
Just for fun, here are a few of my favorite things ... (ev'rybody sing!)
- Activities: Reading, writing, baking, studying Josephology, making and giving away Rosaries, bird- and critter-watching, and listening to rock/metal while doing all the aforementioned stuff (well, save bird- and critter-watching).
- Books: Deep Conversion/Deep Prayer; Divine Mercy in My Soul; Francis: The Journey and the Dream; Hail, Holy Queen; Happy Are You Poor: The Simple Life and Spiritual Freedom; An Introduction to the Devout Life; Joseph the Silent; Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola.
- Devotions: Divine Mercy, Eucharistic Adoration, Rosary.
"As a former fetus, I oppose abortion."
"Ite ad Ioseph!" ("Go to Joseph!")
"All creatures are created from the same paternal heartbeat of God. Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission -- to be of service to them whenever they require it."
~ St. Francis of Assisi
"All bras go bad." ~ Jen, The IT Crowd
"Donning clothes over a bad bra is like building a house without laying a foundation, it's just a false economy, and an ill-fitting bra can ruin your otherwise painstakingly assembled ensemble!"
~ Moss, The IT Crowd
"In certain trying circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer."
~ Mark Twain
"BRB; off to stomp Tokyo."
- Saints: Joseph and Mary! Also Saints Francis and Clare of Assisi (of course), Faustina, Francis de Sales, Ignatius of Loyola, Josemaría Escrivá, Max Kolbe, and Padre Pio. Here's why I love these folks. And here's why I love Joseph in particular.
- Confraternity of the Brown Scapular
- Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary
- Confraternity of the Precious Blood
- Militia of the Immaculata
- Pious Union of St. Joseph for the Suffering and Dying
ContactFeel free to email me at: email (AT) franciscanfocus (DOT) com. I'm a bit sluggish when it comes to replying to email, though, so don't be miffed if you don't get a speedy reply. Better bet is to say howdy in Google+.
NOTE: If you send me spam about reviewing your book/site/strange mole, you won't get any reply.
Statement of FidelityIf you're looking for dissenting or heterodox prattle, you've come to the wrong place. (Buh-bye! Don't let the door hit yer arse on the way out.) I'm a loving and obedient daughter of our Holy Mother Church, as defined by the Magisterium under the Supreme Pontiff.
DedicationThis site is dedicated to
the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus,
the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and
the Chaste Heart of Joseph.
- - - - -
* Yes, we think they're magnificent critters -- they're not "pests".
** My motto: "A Nap Makes Everything Better".